Tuesday, January 29, 2013

birth story

anthony suhyun tomyn
born 7:24 am on 1/18/13
7 lbs 10 oz
20 inches long




tuesday night i went into bed and started little cramps. i didn't know that was a contraction so i went to bed. on wednesday the pains started to become more intense and that's when i realized i was getting contractions.  they become more frequent and more intense so i thought i was in labor. around 6:30pm i started to think that i should go the hospital, but i really didn't want to be sent back home. i hesitated, but ron convinced me that it was okay if i got sent back home. he said at least we'll know if i'm in labor or not and know how many centimeters i dilated. 

we went to the hospital, and i got hooked up to a monitor to track my contractions. of course my contractions slowed down. i was only 2 centimeters dilated. to help me to sleep through the night, the nurse gave me some morphine, and it was awesome :) i immediately felt more relaxed and got super tired really fast. i remember being really tired, but really hungry at the same time. so i asked ron to heat me up some leftover curry i made for dinner. i pretty much was sleep-eating haha.

i slept through the night. i pretty much passed out. it was amazing. the next morning my contractions weren't as strong, so i was sort of disappointed because i thought that day would be the day i would end up in the hospital. i was getting so exhausted, mentally and physically. around 12 my contractions started to pick up again, but they were so inconsistent it was hard to know if i was in active labor. it became so frustrating. 

ron called me around 4:50 before he went into class to check up on me. then my contractions were pretty close together. he asked me if he should come home, but i thought i could wait until his class was done. so i told him to go to class, but 15 minutes after we talked on the phone my contractions were so strong i knew i had to go to the hospital. i called ron and his phone went straight to voice mail. i called him several times but his phone went to his voice mail every time. after the 5th time calling him, i started to bawl . haha. 

after 1 1/2 hours later, ron finally called. his class was in the basement so he didn't have any reception. ron walked to school that day, so he had to run all the way home. when he got home, i was bawling and asked if we could go to the hospital. haha. ron was so out of breath. poor guy. but we got all our stuff and we headed to the hospital.

when we got to the hospital by 6:30ish, and i was 4.5 centimeters dilated. i was soooo relieved. i originally planned on a natural birth, but after almost 3 days of being in labor i wanted to be out of my misery and asked for an epidural. the epidural was heavenly. when i got the epidural, ron was able to relax. we both were able to relax and get some rest. by this time it was around 8:30pm. the doctor predicted that i would start pushing around 1am and have the baby around 3am. i was dilating a centimeter by every hour. but the last centimeter took forever. i started to push around 5am. i pushed for 2 1/2 hours. i will never forget my first experience giving birth to my adorable baby boy. 

the pushing was exhausting, but i knew that i needed to get this baby out. without any breaks, i decided to just push until the baby was out. haha. when our adorable baby boy arrived, i was so relieved that everything was over. i couldn't believe that i did it. it was the best and the worse feeling in the world. haha.

i am now absolutely smitten by my little boy. he is perfect. he is now the center of our world. we love him so much already. we are so lucky to be his parents. 

love you anthony. daddy and mommy will try our best to be the coolest parents ever :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful wonderful birth story. I would have been bawling too if it was time to go to the hospital and my husband didn't answer his phone! Sheesh!! I am so happy everything worked out so wonderfully! I want to meet that baby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to meet him too! I would have bawled too. I pray I don't have to push for that long. Alisha only had to push for like 15 minutes. haha.

    ReplyDelete